PRESERVE @ HOME -Food Preservation Class
By Colorado State University & University of Idaho Extension
When: January 18-March 1
Preserve@Home provides research-based food preservation education. Colorado participants learn how to produce high quality preserved foods and the science behind food preservation and food safety.
Individuals with little or no previous food preservation experience, Colorado Cottage Food operators, and anyone with an interest in food preservation and food safety can enroll in Preserve@Home.
Six Weekly Lessons available to print or save as pdf documents:
1. Causes and Prevention of Foodborne Illness
2. Spoilage and Canning Basics
3. Canning Acid Food – Boiling Water Bath
4. Canning Low Acid Foods – Pressure Canner Dial/Weighted
5. Canning Specialty Foods (jams, jellies and preserves; salsas; pickled & fermented foods)
6. Drying and Freezing
For questions contact Ann Zander, CSU Extension at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-678-6238.