¨ Beef Exhibitors
1. There will be three divisions for Market Beef this year Light weight, Medium weight, and Heavy weight.
¨ Chicken Exhibitors
1. A Fry class will be added for the 2021 Lincoln County Fair.
¨ Goat and Sheep Exhibitors
It’s that time of year when we start thinking about getting project animals. Lincoln County will be using Scrapie tags as official fair tags again this year. All goats and sheep should have them anyway. So make sure if you are raising your own project to get scrapie tags or if you are buying your project that the breeder has put a scrapie tag in your animal. You must nominate your goats and sheep by taking pictures of your project with the scrapie tag and sending them to the Extension Office by Monday May 3rd at 4:00 pm. Please use the nomination form for goats and lambs available on the website under the 4-H tab forms and applications, “fair”.
1. The lactation ewe rule has been removed from the fair book.
2. There will be three divisions for Market Goats this year Light weight, Medium weight, and Heavy weight.
¨ Horse Exhibitors—> The Horse show will be two days this year. The First on Wednesday August 4th and the second on Monday August 9th. Many changes to this division are being finalize and will be posted soon!
¨ Scholarship Animals.
Remember that you can sell a scholarship animal and a project animal of the same species at fair. All sale rules still apply for selling two different species. Make sure to look into the new Scholarship opportunities. Available applications are due by March 1st.
1. All Market Scholarship animals must sell at the Lincoln County Fair.
2. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations or failure to meet the weight requirements will result in the Sale Committee taking up to 50% of the premium sale proceeds to repay the amount of the Scholarship.
3. Any decisions deemed necessary by the Sales committee on a Scholarship animal will be final.
¨ Swine Exhibitors
You must nominate your pigs by taking pictures of your pig’s ear notches and sending them to the Extension Office by Monday May 3rd at 4:00 pm. Please use the nomination form for swine available on the website under the 4-H tab forms and applications, “fair”.
1. Remember that official hog weights for the 2021 Lincoln Fair is 230 to 300 pounds.
2. No pig that weighs over 325 pounds will be allowed to sell in the Lincoln County 4-H/FFA Junior Livestock Sale.
2. There is a Breeding Swine division at the 2021 Lincoln County Fair.
a. Gilts must be born after Dec 1st of the previous year.
b. Breeding gilts cannot be shown in the Market Classes.
c. NSR, CPS and ABA classification rules will be followed. Any breed with five or more entries will have its own class.
Classes will be broken as follows:
i. Berkshire, Hampshire and Yorkshire
ii. Chester White, Landrace and Spots
iii. Hereford, Poland China and Tamworth